In 2010 we got a diagnosis of ulcerative colitis for our son Isaac who was then 27 months old. For a year and a half we had been concerned about his persistent soft stools. Now that we're going down the road of living with IBD in our house, we want to be able to share our story, connect with similar families or individuals, and increase our awareness of the experience of others.

Some of our related interests are diet, kids and families with IBD, and discussing and sharing experiences.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

linking together the IBD community

I would like to work more to link the IBD community. In order to do that, I will periodically link to sites that I also feature along the left side of the blog, like this, my post about valetudinarianism at crohnsforum.com.

Also, I want to share a great organized site called Crohn's End which catches a lot of my hope about the science of IBD treatment.

Next is a call-out for the best online meeting place, forum, and information spot for tots with IBD and the families of tots with IBD. I've found a few places, including the crohnsforum above and ccfa.org, but nothing specific and popular enough to entail what I envision. Maybe we'll get that in the works for a broader IBD in our HOMES project. Please send site suggestions if you've got them.

Lastly, hopefully you saw the comic about Crohn's, which gives a good visual representation of what life may be like for those with IBD.

Live on.

No comments:

Post a Comment