In 2010 we got a diagnosis of ulcerative colitis for our son Isaac who was then 27 months old. For a year and a half we had been concerned about his persistent soft stools. Now that we're going down the road of living with IBD in our house, we want to be able to share our story, connect with similar families or individuals, and increase our awareness of the experience of others.

Some of our related interests are diet, kids and families with IBD, and discussing and sharing experiences.

Monday, June 20, 2011

writing about writing

Weblogs are a good way to share experience. As for IBD in our home, I am encouraged by readers who write, readers who only read, and other writers who don't even read. Lately we were included in a list of IBD blogs and websites. Also, I am continually reading about old patients, new patients, stories new and old, and anything else IBD in forums and in other places which list randomly 40 at a time on the right side of my blog....

I definitely recommend blogging for the journal aspect, for connecting with others in similar situations, and for helping others down the road. As you share your experience, it can really help someone else in a similar situation.

We are still weaning Isaac off of the prednisolone. And everything seems to be going just fine as it has been for a while....

Last week was Vacation Bible School at our church, and Isaac and his brother had a good time each day. Yesterday, they helped lead some of their songs during church, and how delightful it was to see little Isaac doing his body movements and gestures for the songs... Actually I had quite a moment, since one of their songs (How Great Thou Art) was one of my late grandmother's favorites. I am a bridge between her and them, and maybe it is all but impossible to fully relate the connection, but how delightful to see her progeny celebrating the same song that moved her decades ago.

1 comment:

  1. How Great Thou Art is one of my favorite old hymns as well. I wish I could have been there celebrating with you--I'm sure Grandma was!

    ReplyDelete